Boys & Girls Clubs of America
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. Our mission is to help people by making eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
That is why we are proud to partner with Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) to provide Club Kids with free vision screenings and if needed, access to free, comprehensive eye exams* and glasses through our America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses locations.
Did you know?
According to the 2016 Vision Council Visionwatch Parent Child Vision Care Report,
50 percent of children have not had an eye exam in the past two years.
How Does the Program Work?
- The child is screened at a local Boys & Girls Club, with a signed permission slip from a parent/legal guardian
- Based on screening results, the child may be referred to see a licensed optometrist at an America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses location for a free comprehensive eye exam
- For children who are referred for an exam, the parent/legal guardian will be contacted to set up an appointment at a store location convenient for them
- After the exam, if needed, the child will receive:
- Free basic prescription lenses
- Free frame up to $59.95
Through early detection, treatment and education, we can change the course of a child’s future and make sure they have the vision care they need to achieve their potential and follow their dreams. Together with Boys & Girls Clubs, National Vision is doing its part in creating great futures.
*In some states eye exams provided by independent Optometrists or Ophthalmologists.