National Vision offers competitive benefits that demonstrate how much we value optometrists, and the independent practices operating within the Doctor of Optometry network also offer a variety of benefit options. By ensuring that the financial, health, and well-being needs of doctors are met, ODs in our network are happy, productive, and focused solely on providing exemplary patient care.
Benefits for Doctors of Optometry
Unique Perks of Practicing in Our Network
Our optometrist benefits go well beyond healthcare and financial planning. As a doctor-driven organization, we offer a variety of perks designed to meet the unique needs of practicing optometrists – many of which are applicable to sublease holders, too. Doctors employed by independent practices in our network enjoy benefits and support as those employed directly by National Vision. Below are just a handful of the non-traditional benefits ODs may enjoy.
- Competitive salary and an incentive plan with monthly bonus potential
- Access to up to 22 hours of all-expenses paid, COPE-approved CE annually through National Vision’s Continuing Education Symposium
- Employer provided professional liability insurance coverage
- No practice management responsibilities, allowing ODs to spend more time on patient care and leave work at work
- Ability to explore practice options nationwide while staying within our network, making relocating simple
- Practice structure that makes taking PTO easy with no need to find a replacement
- Peer-to-peer mentorship through Area Doctors and a larger network of more than 2,200 ODs that fosters professional development
- Added support of the Clinical Services and Administration department – an entire team dedicated solely to doctors’ needs led by optometrists
- Opportunities for career advancement outside of the exam lane, include our Clinical Advisory Panel, Ambassador program, Area Doctor positions and other leadership roles
- Meaningful opportunities to give back through National Vision’s philanthropic programs and partnerships, both domestically and around the world
A Broad Range of Traditional Benefits
Optometrists employed by our company are rewarded for their hard work with the same competitive benefits package available to all National Vision associates. The independent practices with offices located inside National Vision locations also offer employed OD arrangements with similar benefits.
Health & Wellness Benefits
- Medical and dental coverage
- Holidays and personal paid time off
- Paid parental leave*
- Paid FMLA Leave of Absence
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), including medical and dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program – a free confidential counseling and health information service
- Company-paid basic life insurance
- Doctor, spouse and child supplemental life insurance
- Ancillary benefits such as accident, critical care, legal and identity theft shield
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Smoking cessation program
- Diabetes Care Rewards Program offered to doctors participating in the medical plan*
- Hypertension Reward Program offered to doctors participating in the medical plan*
- Retirement savings programs with company match
- Personal financial wellness and planning services
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution
- Eyewear/gift coupon benefits
- Wellness incentive program offered to doctors participating in the medical plan
- Non-tobacco user discount for those enrolled in the medical plan
- Exclusive discount program on products and services
*Benefits available to part-time doctors as well as full-time doctors.
Programs that Put Doctors First
A great patient experience starts with a great optometrist. National Vision and all independent practices want great optometrists to join us in our collective mission of making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible. That’s why all employers have programs to reduce the hurdles that face many of today’s ODs.
Acknowledging that student loans are a growing burden for many ODs, optometrists may be eligible to participate in an employer-provided student loan repayment program that awards qualified doctors up to $12,000 annually toward their student loan payments.
Explore OD Career Opportunities